Falling Back into Healthy- Day3

It's hump day and this is when the week starts to get the most challenging for me, I start to get tired from getting up early every morning, the to do list starts to pile up and man those sweet treats look even more tempting.  It's important to have outlets to make sure you don't fall victim to temptation.  

Day3: 
Workout: 21 Day Fix Lower Fix and 1 mile walk 
I have to be honest, my legs were already sore when I woke up and I could have easily plopped myself down on the couch for 20 minutes of sleep, I didn't though, I pushed myself to start the workout and finish it.  My legs were burning by the end though.  The cooler mornings this week had me digging through my winter gear for a hat and gloves to keep warm.  I wasn't ready for this change yet this week.  This is me out for our morning walk and our little play time after our walk.  Riley loves to come back to the yard and run around after his ball or in this case two.  



Meal Plan: 
I just realized I never shared what the container counts are, if you are famililar with Autumn Calabrese's 21 Day Fix, she uses colored portion containers in her meal plan, I've found this to be a great way to maintain and focus on my portions because you know me and I love to eat.  
Containers: 
1 Red = Serving of Protein
1 Green = Serving of Vegetables
1 Purple = Serving of Fruit
1 Yellow = Serving of Carbohydrates
1 Blue = Serving of Healthy Fats
1 Orange = Serving of nuts, seed, dressing, etc 



My daily container count goals are: 4 Red, 2-3 Purple, 4-5 Green, 2 yellow, 1 orange, 1 Blue (I've adapted the eating plan that was created by Autumn to work for me and I use it mostly to hold myself to a balance of the right food groups and the right size portions).  

Breakast: Smoothie (1 Purple, 1 Green, 1 Red, 1 orange)
This morning while I finished my morning smoothie, I also wrapped up my meal prep and shopping for the following week.  I placed my click and collect Hannaford To Go order to pick up Friday night on my way home from work.  I also finished my Sam's Club online order for pick up on Thursday.  This really saves me time by not having to grocery shop and also keeps me from being tempted by all the extra treats that normally would end up in my shopping basket if I actually went to the grocery store.  


Snacks: 
Banana = (1 Purple)
Pepper = (1 Green)
Sugar Free Black Cherry Jello (not sure what this counts as, its pretty low calorie but satisfies my sweets cravings)


RX Bar: 
These have become a go to afternoon snack to get me through the rest of the day until supper.  They a little chewy, so be prepared to drink a little water with them.  


Lunch: 
I was really hungry today for lunch and waited too long to eat so I got a little extra to eat and bought a small soup from the cafeteria at work.  

Zoodles/Spaghetti and Meat Sauce with Beef Stew on the side (1.5 Red, 1.5 yellow, 1 Green)




Dinner: 
As I mentioned the week starts to catch up to me on Wednesday and on day 1 I mentioned that I haven't gone grocery shopping yet so tonight was a quick and easy meal with what I could find lingering in the cupboards.  

Panko Breaded Baked Chicken, Green Beans and Rice (1 Red, 1 Green and 1 yellow)



Overall, I had a really good day, remember in the beginning you may have targets for your eatig plan but you also have to listen to your body, if you're feeling hungry eat something, just try to make it a healthy choice or an additional portion of fruit or a vegetable.  

Lastly, on this journey back to healthy, its really important to take care of your Mind, Body and Soul.  I really enjoy partaking in activities of mindfulness, my morning works are a way for me to disconnect, its just myself and Riley, no music, no electronic devices, we just walk and listen to the sounds.  I think about my upcoming work day and start to organize my day in my head.  

Also, sometimes you need to do something little just for your.  Today that was simply trying out a new lipcolor that made me feel beautiful.  



The week is half over, keep focusing on those goals, take care of you and do the very best you can do each day! 😘

Comments

Popular Posts