Reconnecting to who you want to be...

The past six months have been one of the most challenging for me between the stress of grad school, work, taking on a leadership role in a community organization and personal...somewhere along the way I lost the person I want to be.  So much of what I was going through I couldn’t discuss with people, I have to say my husband was my saving grace to be there on the tough days.  It was a struggle to take care of me and I found myself falling back into my old patterns, when I was stressed, I would eat so even though I was keeping up with my workouts, it wasn’t enough.  There were many days I felt like I was just going through the motions of life.  

In the past couple of weeks, I realized with another year closing and celebrating my 37th birthday, it was up to me to make some changes to reconnect to myself and focus on taking care of me.   There will always be those that count on me in life but I’m no good to them when I’m not where I need to be.  

After taking a week off from work and going to Iowa to visit my best friend from high school.  It was great to visit with her and her family, meet the newest member of their family and capture some moments with my camera.  I love photography and find I don’t spend enough time doing it these days.  When you have an opportunity to get away from the hustle and bustle of life where you can collect your thoughts and be reminded of where your passions lie.  Having a few days to get away and disconnect has allowed me to reflect on what is most important to me and what I need to just let go of and let be.  
 
Olin Family Picture: Downtown Pella 

Abraham Charles Olin

I’m ready to recommit to my Journey to a Healthy Me.  I’m not going to lie, it feels like I’m starting over again from where I began but I know I’ve done it once and I can do it again.  It will take patience, commitment and focus to do it but I’m ready.  

So today, I spent a little time planning out my workouts...


I also did meal planning and placed a healthy grocery order to be picked up after my flight lands in Maine tomorrow.  It will be nice to get the fridge stocked back out after our tropical storm power outage that forced us to clean the fridge out.  A solid plan is the start to getting back on track with life.  

 Hannaford To Go is my timesaver...even though I’m in the midwest, I can choose my groceries and have them ready for me when I get home.  It also saves me from the inpulse items that are never good for me.  

I’m determined that 37 is going to be my year...I will make a healthy commitment to myself...finish grad school and not be afraid to find my true passions in life.  Here’s to clearing the mind and starting off fresh with a new perspective.  

-Mia 


Comments

Popular Posts