Falling Back into Healthy- Day 4

We all have our reasons for making a commitment to focus on ourselves or wanting to live a healthier lifestyle.  I'll be honest mine is a little bit of a self preservation tactic.  

Life is crazy for me right now and I may have realistically taken on more than I can chew at once.  Grad School, Board Chair for MCHPP, etc.  Knowing this, I also know that this also puts me at risk of falling into old habits.  

Therefore, I needed to make this commitment to myself to get back on track and stay true to that as life really ramps up.  

Day 4:
Workout- 21 Day Fix Pilates and 1/2 mile walk with Riley 

When I first started working out, I didn't really care for the Pilate or Yoga day, it felt like I wasn't really getting a workout but the more I worked out, I realized just how important these lighter, stretch days were for my body.  

What I found worked for me when it came to my fitness routine was that I needed to have a dedicated space that I just went to for my workouts.  It's not a beautiful space, its carved out of all our junk we have stored in the basement but I carved out myself a little knook of space in the basement for my workouts.  Hubby knows he'll have a very unhappy wife if he disrupts my space.  I get up at 3:45am each morning, stroll down to my space, turn on my workout and get it done.  My workout buddy gets up and comes down to hang out with me.  He naps while I do all the work 😜. 


Some mornings, we only have time for a stroll in the woods but it is so peaceful and a great way to practice mindfulness before heading into the crazy work day.  



Breakfast: 
This morning, I had my usual smoothie (1 purple, 1 Green, 1 Red, 1 Orange).  

When I got to work, I was still hungry so I got two eggs scrambled and put a little salsa on top.  

Snacks: 
Today was a busy day so I didn't have time to get all my usual snacks in...I had an RX bar in the afternoon to tied me over until dinner.  

Lunch: 


Lunch was full of lots of veggies and shrimp for protein.  Very tasty! (2 Green, 1 Red, 1 Blue)

Dinner: 
This is where if I don't have a solid plan, the work week starts to get the best of me and this week I didn't have all my dinners planned out or a fully stocked fridge to easily throw together meals.  After work, I had to stop and pick up my Sam's Club online order and then pick Riley up from doggy day care.  By the time I got home, it was almost 7pm so tonight was a Roast Beef Dagwood, with extra meat and loaded with veggies.  I did have a little treat of Dill Potato Chips.  

On this journey sometimes a little progress every day is all you can ask for...


Comments

Popular Posts