An Organized Mind Equals a Balanced Soul


For those that know me pretty well, they will get a kick out of this. I have struggled over the years with the best way to organize all my appointments, to do's, etc.  A little over a year ago, I decided to ditch my paper planner and go digital.  I loved it actually, I set up alerts in my calendar that would sync to my iWatch.  It was a perfect fit.  Lately though, I've found that I'm connected all the time, my eyes have been bothering me more, which I think has to do with always being connected to some device.  At work, I do a lot of computer work...I'm on my phone...for grad school I'm either on my laptop at home or my iPad.  In September, I take on the Board Chair role for Midcoast Hunger Prevention Programs which will add several new thoughts to swirl in my head.  

Recently, I realized as I was on my way to work and it was the second time this week that I had driven by the exit I needed to take to drop Riley off at doggy day care because I was lost in the thoughts in my head and driving in auto-pilot mode.  The second time it happened I was literally mapping out what I needed to do when I got to work, which meetings I had and how much time I had in between to work on a presentation that I had to get done by the end of the week.  At home, I find myself distracted by everything I have going on but not really feeling like I'm getting anything done.  

I am a visual person, therefore I decided it was time to go back to the paper planner to get my mind organized again and for me to find my balanced soul again.  I've been missing that verison of me for a while now and its time to find her again.  When I do, I know my thoughts will all start working for me again versus me feeling like I'm in the throws of chaos.  



I purchased a simple planner and dug out my fine tip markers.  Mind mapping is actually a great way to spur creativity and organize creative thoughts.  The planner really just becomes a way for me to get everything I have to do, want to do, create lists to keep me on track, I basically leverage the book as a place to creatively jot down my thoughts.  It's a great way to us a little down time, I pull my planner out while I drink my morning smoothie, review notes I've captured or upcoming appointments and jot down new thoughts or to do lists.  I like to make it fun with markers and colored post-its.  It's like a scrapbook of my thoughts! 



We all have our tricks to keeping our souls balanced and I am one of those people that my tactics change based on what I have going on in life and to be honest, right now I have way more going on then I'd probably like but you can't always plan when opportunity will come knocking at your door so sometimes you just have to roll with it but find little ways to keep the a balanced mind/soul.  

Here's to mindfulness, an open heart, more adventures and a balanced soul! 😘

Comments

Popular Posts