Super Sports Saturday

It's the perfect sports night...the Boston Bruins, New England Patriots and AMA Supercross.  Which translates to an evening of snack foods.  

For dinner, I made Buffalo Wings, Curly Fries and Popcorn Chicken.  It was such a fun meal to make for an evening of sports. 



For my buffalo wings, I bought a 1.5 lbs of party chicken wings, rolled them in flour until they were coated.  Heated my oil in my mini deep fryer to 375 degrees.  In two batches  I fried the wings for 6 minutes and then rolled the wings to make sure they fried evenly, then I cooked them for an additional 3 minutes.  

I make a really simple buffalo wing sauce, which is really just adding a little more flavor to a store bought one.  I buy Frank's Buffalo Wing Sauce, then in a small saucepan, melt 1tbsp butter.  Then I add 1/2 cup of Buffalo Wing Sauce and heat until it just starts to lightly bubble, then I put a splash of vinegar in (approx 2 tsp).  In a medium dish with a lid, I put the wings in the bowl and pour 1/2 the Buffalo wing sauce over.  Then I put the lid on and shake to coat the wings.  

Serve with remainder of Buffalo Wing Sauce and Marzetti's Light Ranch Dressing.

Salsa, Guacamole and Chips

When you work in retail, you are often times working for the holidays and big events.  This is when quick and easy solutions come in handy during these times.  I enjoy things to be as fresh as possible but sometimes you have to take advantage of some of the great seasoning packets out there to get you started.


For my salsa, I chop up two roma tomatoes, 1/2 of a small green pepper, 1 small Jalapeno Pepper minced, 3 slices of a medium onion, chopped.  I mix all of this together in a medium bowl, add 1 packet of Concord Foods Mild Salsa Seasoning Mix and stir.  Then I add a dash of dried Cilantro Leaves (I like a hint of the flavor from Cilantro but find fresh Cilantro to be too strong, it takes over the flavor of my Salsa, that's why I use dried) and 1/4- 1/2 tsp lime juice (depending on how much you like lime).   Refrigerate for 30 minutes and enjoy!


For my guacamole, I mash up two avocados and mix with 1 package Concord Foods Mild Guacamole Seasoning Packet.  Really simple...if I'm not serving with salsa, I sometimes will mince up a couple slices of roma tomato and throw it in.  Delicious!


Serve with your favorite tortilla chip...mine happens to be Tostitos Multigrain Tortilla Chips.  They are so good, I usually can't stop eating them, once I've started.



Comments

Popular Posts