Morning Smoothie-My get up and go!

Many think I'm crazy when they hear about my morning routine and that I get up at 3:30am every morning.  I never used to be a morning person, now I find these to be my best hours of the day.  I get up, do my workout then make my morning smoothie.  I'll drink my smoothie and maybe check email for work, meal plan, pay bills, etc.  I try to maximize my waking hours to get what I need to done.  

I love smoothies because they are nutritious and easy.  It's also a great way to use of fruit that you don't get to eating.  I've been known to throw leftover pineapple, watermelon, into my smoothie.  If I have fruit that is starting to get to its not so pretty stages for eating but still perfectly good, I'll put it in portioned out sandwich bags in the freezer, then toss it in my next smoothie.  

What do I put in my smoothie? Primarily, I enjoy fruit smoothies and this is what a normal smoothie for me looks like.  I usually just change out the fruit I use.  







Now look how simple that was to make.  I have a Ninja Pro single serve blender, this makes it super easy to put together a smoothie quickly.  My smoothie is about 300 calories on average.  Ingredients: 2 scoops protein powder, 1 mini scoop chia seeds, 1 mini scoop matcha powder, 1 med scoop super food greens, 1 serving fruit and water until the liquid line.  

This really is my get up and go each morning, it replenishes my body after a good workout, keeping me full and satisfied until I get to work for my first morning snack.  

Comments

Popular Posts