Curried Sweet Potato Soup

I'm not a big winter fan but since I do live in Maine and must endure it for several months at a time.  As soon as the weather starts to get cooler, I love my soups.  Recently, I've started making a batch of soup on Sunday and packing it up into smaller containers for lunches at work.  One of my favorite spices is Curry so this week my soup of choice is Curried Sweet Potato Soup. 

1-Onion, chopped
5 cloves garlic, minced
1 tbsp olive oil
1lb sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped
1lb butternut squash, peeled and chopped
6 cups vegetable broth
2 tsp curry powder
1/2 tsp cumin
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/4 tsp sea salt
1/4 tsp crushed red pepper

1. In a large pot, heat olive oil, saute onions and garlic until soft.  
2.  Add remaining ingredients and bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer until sweet potatoes and butternut squash are tender. (Approx 25 min)
3.  Remove from heat and puree until smooth with immersion blender (or do in blender in small batches).  


Comments

Popular Posts