July only means one thing....Blueberry Season!!!

As I was getting ready to put together a post about fall...I discovered this post that I had left in drafts...

We bought our house two and a half years ago.  I was so excited our first summer living in Bowdoin to discover there was a fruit farm less then a mile from my house, Card's Fruit Farm.  They have 80 acres of cultivated high bush blueberries.  They are so delicious and available to be picked from the weekend after the 4th of July through the end of August.  This has become a yearly tradition now, I've gotten to know the family and look forward to going each year.  


The picking this year is the best it's been since we moved in.  My first visit to the farm this year, I picked 4 quarts of blueberries, (3 quarts High bush and 1 quart small blueberries).  



Blueberry Muffins

Standard Muffins: Preheat oven to 400 degrees.  Bake: 18 minutes
Jumbo Muffins: Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Bake: 30 minutes
Line desired size muffin pan with muffin liners.  

In large mixing bowl, combine the following: 
1 3/4 c flour
1/3 c sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
Combine using a whisk.  Create a well in the center.  

In a small mixing bowl, combine the following: 
1 beaten egg
3/4 c milk
1/4 c oil



Combine wet mixture with dry ingredients.  Stir until combined, batter will be lumpy.  

Stir in 3/4 cup fresh or frozen blueberries.  

Spoon into prepared muffin cups, two thirds full.  Sprinkle with course sugar.  

Bake and Enjoy!!!


Comments

Popular Posts