My favorite part of having a Sunday off...

This time of year, I usually work quite a few Sundays so that when motocross season comes, I can go and cheer on my husband.  So when I have one off it's so nice to just relax, get up and go about the day with no agenda.  Take things as they come.  Today we are getting some much needed rain so it's a nice day to putter around the house.  As I look out the window, my plants are soaking up the water, they were starting to get really dry, some yellowing from lack of water.  Even the birds are happy, chattering away as they bounce around the feeders.

My favorite part of having Sunday's off with my husband is sleeping in and having breakfast together.  We almost always cook breakfast and enjoy it together with nowhere to be.  Today's breakfast was pretty simple; home fries, scrambled eggs, bacon and fruit.

I usually start the home fries first.  I cut up a couple potatoes and throw them in the wok with about a tablespoon of olive oil and season with about 1/2 tsp McCormick's Garlic Pepper seasoning blend.



Next I cook up a pound of bacon.  I've found a quick, easy and less mess way to cook the bacon.  Pre-heat your oven to 400 degrees.  Take a cookie sheet and line with foil.  In a single layer, place pieces of bacon side by side.  Put in oven and cook for 10 minutes.  Flip pieces of bacon on sheet and cook another 4-5 minutes until golden brown and crispy.  Remove from pan and layer on a plate covered in paper towels.



Lastly, I scramble up some eggs with a little season salt.  Serve with hot tea and a side of fruit.  



The best part of Sunday morning though is the random conversation over a delicious meal and then enjoying the day relaxing with my husband.  There are few days left in the week that aren't filled with hustle and bustle.  For some reason though if I have Sunday off, I don't feel the pressure to be doing things like I do if I have other days off.  

Comments

Popular Posts