Mesquite Smoked Boneless Pork Roast

When I was wandering around my new favorite cooking store (Now You're Cooking; www.acooksemporium.com) in Bath.  I discovered these smoker cooking bags made by Emeril.  Being curious, I picked up a Mesquite one, they are really simple to use.  All you have to do is unfold the foil bag and fill half up with your favorite meat and or vegetables.  It's a triple layered bag.  The bottom layer has mesquite wood chips, with two layers of foil on top, then your food rests on that layer.  



I went to the local meat shop and purchased a 3lb boneless pork roast.  I stuffed the middle of the roast with a red pepper jelly that I had made this fall with peppers from our garden.  I rubbed the outside of the roast with olive oil, salt and pepper.  Then I put the roast in the foil bag.  I cut up a medley of potatoes into 3" chunks, placed them in a plastic bag with olive oil, salt and pepper, shook to coat.  Then I dumped the potatoes into the foil bag.  Rolled the bag up tightly to seal.  

I put the foil bag onto a preheated (high) gas grill outside as the smoking chips that are in the foil bag will put off a strong smokey smell.  An hour on the grill and dinner is served.  It had a nice smokey, sweet and spicy flavor from the jelly.  

Comments

Popular Posts